Koya Aboriginal Corporation’s overarching vision is to create an innovative and sustainable Aboriginal operated business that maintains the heritage of Aboriginal culture; generates income, employment and recognition for Aboriginal people; and, through genuine Aboriginal knowledge, promote understanding and harmony with the environment and people, resulting in a social return to both the wider and Aboriginal community.
Part of our vision is to also establish partnerships with the goal to create, engage and sustain cultural security that will ensure Aboriginal community thriving. Koya proposes a transformative relationship, sympathetic to existing Aboriginal heritage, culture, language and values, which is capable of driving meaningful social and cultural change locally and nationally.
Koya has a number of plans in place that are being execute short, mid and long term over a number of years, such as the Partnership Development Plan which is intended to provide a practical, realistic and achievable framework for the transition of Aboriginal community development to community thriving.
- is cultural secure;
- demonstrably unique;
- will have a significant and beneficial impact on the economy, community and environment;
- delivers value for money;
- is feasible; and
- is in alignment with relevant Government policies.
- maintains the heritage of its artists’ culture;
- generates income, employment and recognition for their talent; and
- through genuine Aboriginal knowledge and practices, promotes understanding and harmony with the environment and people, resulting in a social return to the State of Western Australia.
KAAT KOORT n HOOPS (KKnH)
Sports & wellbeing program for children & young people
Follow us online
see what is happening now